Monday, April 30, 2012

Hill o' taters

Last week I told you I wanted to show you the difference between Clarence's hilled potatoes vs. his nonhilled ones. Here's a picture:





Hilled in front, nonhilled in back. Wow, huh?

Also of note and to watch for this week, I took some pictures at Exchange Place of the garden there. Last weekend was the Spring Garden Fair -- I hope you got to enjoy it like my family did. Good stuff! And great weather for it!

I ran into Master Gardener Phil there, as well as friends Andrea and Jack Woodworth -- both parties said they'd be willing to come talk to our gardeners about some aspect of what they do (heirloom seeds, succession planting, goat-cheese making, etc.). And that reminded me of something I wanted to know: what do you guys want to learn about?

I'm working on figuring out when and what our May garden gathering will be, and will be doing the same for the rest of the growing season's months -- what do you want me to work on getting speakers about? Are there particular topics that intrigue you? Please let me know!

Also at Exchange Place my family and I encountered Sue, who spoke to us on Earth Day, and took a picture of my fam at Exchange Place, and we bought a book from Taylor Reese and Jack Pyle (and got them to sign it! Nice guys.) -- Raising With the Moon. Sue brought their book to show when she spoke to our gardeners.

I've got to go "raise with the sun," now, though, or we will be late for school.

Happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment