Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday garden

The fam and I stopped by the garden yesterday to peek, and I grabbed a snap that seems so Good Fridayish to me. Even the "keep out" in the background says: This is a day of hush and bowed head and fear and sorrow.

But. Look at that sign! This is the Harvest of Hope! Sow its seeds and watch them grow, right?


Scott and I have tentative aims to head toward the garden tomorrow sometime with our mower and weedeater, and make short work of the edgework that needs to be done there. Anyone want to come join?

Also: yesterday in our ramblings and errandings about town I thought: wouldn't it be cool if someone (First Presbyterian?) set up a kind of restaurant on the grassy lot next to the Harvest of Hope. They could call it Harvest Cafe. And it could serve local food -- a lot like The Harvest Table in Meadowview, Va. It could use stuff we grow in our garden. It could employ people who need jobs. There could be visions of a catering company, even. It could serve food to everyone using this model: SAME Cafe in Denver. Here's a story about the restaurant there.

These are my dreams. Are they too big for Kingsport? I don't think so. What do you think?

Happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment