Yes, per the calendar it's officially Spring, but if you were anywhere near the Harvest of Hope (HOH) Community Garden (or NE Tennessee) today, you may be saying
" Baby it's cold outside! "
... but it's warm in here !
Today at the HOH Comm. Garden.
Image below shows inside the covering
At our Garden Kickoff two weeks ago, gardeners planted broccoli, cabbage, onions, etc in raised beds. This raised bed (see above two images) has a covering and boy what a difference planting inn raised beds and having a covering makes!
Check out how much this broccoli seedling has grown in two weeks. The left image shows it about two weeks ago, at about 3 inches high. The right image shows seedlings now at 5+ inches. Wow!
|Today, March 24|
What "growing on" in the coming months at the Harvest of Hope Garden:
- New community gardeners will be adopting new beds & planting.
- Master Gardeners will be available to provide seeds/seedlings & assist gardeners Mondays, Wednesday and Saturdays: mornings and/or evenings (tentative & TBD)
- Plans to conserve resources by using recycled materials to make raised beds
- Continued community involvement & donations from industry to help this non-profit endeavor.
- Possibly more classes organized by Keep Kingsport Beautiful.
Happy Gardening :)