Happy New Year! Below is a list of coming events / classes to the Harvest of Hope Community Garden.
Come join us to learn about gardening and rub elbows with fellow/fella gardeners. Bring a folding chair if you wish.
2014 Calendar: (see the 2015 Calendar HERE)Classes will be held at Harvest of Hope Community Garden unless otherwise noted.
- February 1, 2014 at 11:00: THIS SATURDAY !
A class will be taught on how to build a cold frame. But if the weather doesn't cooperate, the class will be held at the Presbyterian Church, across the road from the garden. Someone will meet you at the door to direct you to the correct classroom.
- March 1, 2014 at 11:00
A class will be taught regarding how to build a raised bed for gardening.
- March 8, 2014 at 11:00
A tentative date for planting root crops (potatoes, etc.)
- April 12, 2014 at 10:00am (time updated as of 4-7-14)
A class will be taught regarding planting spring vegetables.
- May 17, 2014 at 10:00
A class will be taught regarding building a cucumber tree and summer vegetables
- June 14 from 9am-2pm: Garden Tour
- June 28th at 10am: How to Prune Tomato Plants Workshop
- August 23rd at 9am: Fall Planting Class
- September 13th, 9am-4pm, at Kingsport Farmers Market: Kingsport Pepper Festival. see Blog Article or Pepper Festival website
- October 11th, 10am: 'How to' and 'Why To' Build a Raised Bed for your garden
- October 18th, 10am Fall Cleanup
We'll have other classes and plantings to be announced at a later date.
Remember to bring a folding chair if you like :)