Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Food for Thought

Yesterday I met with a man named Don Moore, who is president of an organization called Community Food Project. Don is working to put together a community farm dinner to raise money to build and support a community school garden at Jackson Elementary School in Kingsport. I'll include more info about the dinner as it comes together. Good stuff, though.

He sent me some information about programs he hopes to emulate or that have inspired him, and I thought I'd share some of them here:

Dinners at the Farm

Outstanding in the Field

The Stop Community Food Center in Toronto

The Stop -- After-school program

Don's hope for the garden at Jackson is that it be a dynamic project offering better nutrition, strategic learning, emotional therapy and community building. Isn't that kind of what we're about at Harvest of Hope, too?

As Don and I, two marketing people (or marketing person turned mom in my case), talked about Harvest of Hope as a "product," we wondered what YOU want it to be, and how best to "package" Harvest of Hope as something that will uncomplicate your life -- and the lives of all those we hope to reach with our community garden. We know what our dreams are for the garden, and what we perceive as the need, but what do you dream? What do you perceive as the need?

Happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment