Monday, September 19, 2011

Take a load off

I popped by the garden one morning last week since it'd been a while, and lo and behold, we have benches! I'd been hearing for a while about Eagle Scout Zach and the benches he and his crew were building for us, but I didn't know when they would show, so this was a happy surprise. They are sturdy and handsome, and have arrived at the best sitting weather one could ask for, just about. Come, have a seat! Thanks so much, Zach!

While I was there I snapped a few fall-garden pictures.












Also, another tidbit. I managed to read a magazine article last night before conking out -- it talked about the people of Okinawa, Japan, and their longevity and overall good health. I can't find the exact article online, but I did find this piece on About.com that talks about their overall lifestyle. Fresh veggies and fruit are, as you might figure, part of the puzzle.

Happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment