Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Another garden

A new garden came to be under the HoH purview on Saturday. Some dedicated parents and friends and one awesome administrator came together last weekend to plant a fall bed at a local school, with plans for expansion to raised beds in the spring.

I say it's the Harvest of Hope purview. I looked up the word this morning to make sure I'm not overstepping. It means: "the scope of the influence or concerns of something." I think that's accurate. Were it not for Harvest of Hope, the seeds of this little fall bed wound not have been planted just now.

Good stuff, this gardening business.



More good stuff to come, too. Yesterday I interviewed Larry so that I could post a profile of him here. I'll have to organize my thoughts, and that may take a few days, but watch for it in days to come. Larry's one of the many individuals who've come together to bless and inspire and build Harvest of Hope. I'm in awe of all the amazing people I've met as a result of this garden. We're a pretty cool bunch and we need you to join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment