Monday, March 19, 2012

Countdown to Saturday

Saturday, March 24 will be our spring kickoff day -- less than a week away now! It's exciting, but I also feel like there's a lot to do. I hope we'll have a lot of gardeners! Our team is meeting on Tuesday night this week, at 5:30 at First Presbyterian Church. If you're interested in joining us and need more info, please comment here.

Good stuff happened Friday. For one thing, I finally stopped by the garden to see the cool sign that Margot and Bunky had made and put up. It's gorgeous! Thanks, you two.


I had to take a shot of these little cabbages (and a couple of weeds, too) that had sprung up in the chat beside one of the beds. Opportunists, I dubbed them. They'll be gone after this week -- Larry says he's taking care of all the weeds (and probably stray cabbages) this week.


Thank you Mr. Bob Fickle and City of Kingsport! I talked to Mr. Fickle on Monday, and he delivered on Friday -- two free dump truck loads of composted leaf mulch. Beautiful! We'll start using this rich stuff to amend the soil in the beds this week.


Finally, pansies in a couple of the beds.


With 81 degrees predicted for today, it may feel more like summer than spring next Saturday, but I hope the weather will agree to stay pleasant and cool for our first planting day.

Happies!

No comments:

Post a Comment