Friday, August 12, 2011

Yes, I did.

I will try next week to get some posts up that deal with more than quick recipes, but for now, this is what you get! Today I will spend some time in the garden, so perhaps more pictures and richer content are on the way?

My sister took some time to send me a couple of garden-y or blogworthy ideas last week, and with one, she threw down the gauntlet, and I took the challenge. Spinach popsicles. Yes, I did. Before you say "yuck," look at the recipe. Maybe not so bad?

Yesterday I acquired all the supplies, and put together these dudes.

Spinach Popsicles

Makes 6-7 (depending on your molds -- it made a bunch for me and juice leftover, which I drank, thank you, and it wasn't bad)

6 oz 100% orange juice with pulp
6 oz 100% apple juice
8 oz carrot juice
3 oz fresh baby spinach (1/2 bag)
1/2 cup pineapple tidbits

In a food processor (I used a blender), combine spinach and pineapple tidbits. Chop until smooth puree is formed. In a spouted mixing bowl or large liquid measuring cup, whisk together orange juice, apple juice, carrot juice and spinach mixture. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze overnight.


Nutrition info per 1 popsicle: 60 calories, 0 g fat, 1 g protein, 13 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber


The recipe came from this blog: www.eat8020.com -- a blog dedicated to providing 80% healthy recipes and 20% just plain good ones. I hope to spend a little more time checking it out in days to come; maybe you would like to, too.

I haven't had the kids try the popsicles yet, as they were freezing up overnight. I will report back on the response.

Happy day! Say a special prayer for Mary, today, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment