Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The bounty begins: some recipes

Having just returned from vacation, I haven't been witness to exactly what bounty Harvest of Hope has been providing within the past two weeks, but if the garden mirrors what I'm seeing at home, then our Harvest of Hope is starting to reward. Since we have so many who need the fruits of Harvest of Hope, perhaps it's not overwhelming.

Here at home, this season begins to become so -- always I'm looking for recipes to showcase the fresh veggies I'm out picking every afternoon. And I need to learn how to can!

Since we got our home garden in late this year, we're just starting the ramp up to major harvest. Last night we had just enough tomatoes ripe to prepare these two dishes:

Tomato Feta Salad (this also used fresh parsley and basil I harvested)

Caprese Salad (also featuring fresh basil -- I didn't use the red onion in this one)

and with one of our many cucumbers, I made this Tzatziki sauce. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment