Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hello?

Before I post hunger stats (later today, maybe?) -- I'm doing a roll call. Is there anybody out there?

I'm reading a new book, in between other things. Bringing it to the Table: On Farming and Food by Wendell Berry. You might like it. Also, I just finished Take This Bread by Sara Miles. It has a less apparent connection to our garden, but the woman who wrote it founded a food pantry to feed the hungry in San Francisco. It's another one you might like, though it's a challenge that may make you uncomfortable.

OK. Have to go parent now ...

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I am reading your blogs. Thank you for keeping us updated on the progress with photos! I shared the information tonight on this blog with the task force members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading! I just finished A Time to Plant by Kyle Kramer, which I got wind of through the Catholic Coalition for Climate Change. It's Kyle's story of building his own farm from scratch. He weaves in his faith and the way it's influenced his farming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing a great job Jennifer. I try to catch this when I think of it. I have no idea how to do it but some blogs put a link so followers can be sent an email when you post something new....might be a good idea. Jane

    ReplyDelete