Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Go garden!

I am gearing up for the introduction of kindergarten to my family life, so I am limited in what I can pursue in terms of Harvest of Hope. But. Let it be said that there is SO MUCH growing and going on at our garden! Give me a few weeks and I think I might be able to let myself loose a little more to follow these ideas I have! I still do have one at home once the twins start the big K, but maybe -- just maybe ...

The garden is flourishing. Here are Larry and new volunteer Carol checking out the massive forest of tomatoes in one bed:



And a wider-angle look at some of the garden beds:





Pole beans:



Future fall beds (tentatively expected to be ready by August 15):



Little eggplants:


Baby tomatoes:



Some of our gardeners -- William, who moved to Kingsport from Kenya eight years ago, and his beautiful girls:


Some of our group, directing the garden. From left to right: Susan, Shirlene, Carol, Alison, Larry and Nancy. Not necessarily pictured but hugely influential: God.



As hard as it is to schedule, it makes me excited to meet again with our group. So much is, and so many are, at work in our community garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment