Thursday, August 16, 2012

Home carrots

It's definitely tomato season at Harvest of Hope -- weekly I'm getting multiple emails from you guys telling me you're taking tomatoes to the hungry -- it's great to hear!

Here at home I'm raking them in, too, and making efforts to preserve as many as I can for winter and spring. It's a lot to handle right as school is starting (and with it extracurriculars), so I'm feeling overwhelmed!

It's the little (or big) things, though, that cause a pause -- check this carrot that grew in one of my raised beds at home. I mainly tried carrots as an experiment, thinking the soil wouldn't be deep enough for them to do much. This guy had other ideas. You can see where he grew below the compost and into the hardpack underneath the bed -- the "bad" soil didn't stop him!



Happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment