Thursday, June 23, 2011

Starting out

It's easy to start a blog, I think. At least this one. Every day I think of things I could add -- stats I could give you or excerpts I could share. Better pace myself, right? So! I have a good excerpt coming for you perhaps tomorrow, and down the road I've thought of interviews with gardeners and good stuff like that. For today, however, let me go back a bit.

I wasn't present for this big workday, but I'm glad the folks there got pictures. Here we have a Bobcat spreading chat (tiny gravel) among and around the beds to stifle weeds (and therefore, we hope, save us from having to weedeat a lot).


The beds partially filled with sand and waiting for the next level, compost.


Early plantings -- this is Jill's herb garden.


I tend to be into weird angles with my camera -- not sure what's up with that -- but here's an update on Jill's herbs from a week or so ago:


And here are some members of the crew who've got sweat equity invested in the success of Harvest of Hope: THANKS, amazing Harvesters of Hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment