Monday, September 24, 2012

Listen in!

My friend John gave me a heads-up that Sam Jones will be on NPR this week.

I first encountered Sam through a local voluntary simplicity group, and since then have mostly waved at her as she bikes and I run by on the Greenbelt, but every chance I get to interact with her I'm wowed by her faith in action and her wealth of knowledge. She's as friendly as she is smart.

Anyway -- Sam is a community activist who was integral to the founding of the Carver Community Garden in Johnson City. This week she's the guest on NPR radio show Religion for Life. Here's the link, and, in case you don't want to link, here's the bit about it:


My guest this week on Religion For Life is Sam Jones who blogs at Tennessee Transitions. She is a community activist and advocate for transitioning our communities and our lives to the post-petroleum reality that is coming.  She speaks candidly about the issues that we are facing as well as the importance of living simply.

Thursday, September 20th at 8 pm on WETS, 89.5.
Sunday, September 23rd at noon on WEHC, 90.7.
Sunday, September 23rd at 2 pm on WETS, 89.5.
Monday, September 24th at 1 pm on WEHC, 90.7..
Via podcast beginning September 25th.


If you can, also check out Sam's blog (see link to Tennessee Transitions above). Good stuff; I need to read it more often myself.

Go, Sam!

In news of our garden, I'm sorry I'm not being more bloggy these days -- a lot of unrelated stuff going on for me. Watch in the next couple of weeks for more info about our October 27 celebrate and clean-up day. Anything you'd like to see or do that day? Let me know!

Happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment