Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Potato post

Blogger at the beach, folks, so even more spotty posting than usual. I've turned off as much of my responsibilities as I can do.

It's great, then, that Kathie emailed me today to tell me how happy the Kitchen of Hope folks have been to receive fresh potatoes from Harvest of Hope! I'll let her email speak for itself:

WOW - what a hit the new potatoes were with our guests at the Kitchen of Hope this evening! Several asked for seconds, even thirds. I announced that they came from the Harvest of Hope Garden & many knew of what I spoke. One man was amazed that volunteers from the community worked to give the KofH fresh veggies - he told me that nobody ever does such nice things for folks like him - I was very moved! The dining hall applauded when I told them that there would be more veggies coming & they all seemed grateful for the efforts of our gardeners - makes the work worthwhile I'd say! Kathie

PS: I took a photo of the potatoes in the steam table & will post to Clarence's FB page soon.

Thanks, Kathie! And thanks, everybody!

Happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment