Monday, October 17, 2011

What looks like cleaning up ...

 ... is really construction.

A few things for today.

1. Please join us next Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon for the Harvest Celebration!

2. In preparation for the party, a group of us got together yesterday to do some weeding and tidying up. The weather graced us and I dare say I had fun pulling up spiny amaranth (with a thank you to the Atlas glove company for protecting my paws). Thanks to all involved! See pics.

3. Your title. Yesterday in church I was thankful for the community and the silence to mull over some of the chaos in my brain, and a thought occurred to me: we're building cathedrals. I was admiring the bright sunlight of my chosen sanctuary and thinking of the great cathedrals I've seen and how, if the builders of those decided to quit because of petty bickering or personal upheaval, we'd never have these great, glorious works to admire. And a lot of those builders didn't even live to see their works completed.

I must learn patience and perseverance. In all things -- marriage, parenthood, life: it's a cathedral I'm after. So too with the garden. Stay focused on the cathedral, self (and all of you).

4. After leaving the garden yesterday I was troubling over how I would get there with my mower to mow edges, and I happened upon a fellow mowing at a local business, so I pulled over and asked him if I could pay him to do it for me (he was already out, already close, yada yada). He did. And later he called me to tell me there'd be no charge. And that he might want to volunteer to work in the garden some, too.

Let me share his info in case you need yard help, ever:

Tipton Landscape and Lawn Service
423.502.5110

5. Well, it seems like there was something else, but whatever it was has completely escaped me. I recognize that there are only short periods of lucidity at this point in my life, and that this particular one must have ended. Happy day!







No comments:

Post a Comment